SeaDoo 2000 GTX/2004 GTI Fuel Type

JGB

First time Sea Doo owner here and I have a very basic question. I have just purchased a pair of Sea Doo's, a 2000 GTX Millennium Edition and a 2004 GTI. Both have separate fuel and oil containers. The person I bought them from used them once last year, so knows they run, but never put fuel in them so can not tell me whats in them now. I used to own an oil injected Evinrude where you just used straight gas(high octain) and the oil was simply injected. Is that what these are? Do I just use straight high octain(93+) fuel in these or do I need to use a premix, 40:1? As simple as the question is, the internet is not very clear on this as there are so many answers with both options. Before I take these out and run them, I want to know what type of fuel to fill them with.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
First time Sea Doo owner here and I have a very basic question. I have just purchased a pair of Sea Doo's, a 2000 GTX Millennium Edition and a 2004 GTI. Both have separate fuel and oil containers. The person I bought them from used them once last year, so knows they run, but never put fuel in them so can not tell me whats in them now. I used to own an oil injected Evinrude where you just used straight gas(high octain) and the oil was simply injected. Is that what these are? Do I just use straight high octain(93+) fuel in these or do I need to use a premix, 40:1? As simple as the question is, the internet is not very clear on this as there are so many answers with both options. Before I take these out and run them, I want to know what type of fuel to fill them with.

Thanks in advance!!
Run unleaded ethanol free gas, no pre mix required.

Not sure if the owners manual is there but you can find the shop manual at seadoomanuals.net some good information there too

If they still have the oil injection working then straight 87 octane gas in the gas tank and API-TC full synthetic oil in the oil tank.

Reactions: JGB
Back