Seadoo 1998 GTX 3 seater water in the hull ( bilge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

2 years ago I bought a 1998 SeaDoo GTX 3 seater on my first time out the hull filled with water after 45 min ride. Over the next 2 weeks I traced it down to the bilge drain hoses pulling water in to the hull ,instead of draining it . The cause was the 2 small black pvc siphon tubes from the jet housing fell out and water was pushed into the passage ways and traveled up the hose and came out at the pin hole on the yellow elbows.
One of the things I did to keep the water level under control when test running was to install a bilge pump system. This worked great and let me run the ski with the rear seat cover off so a spotter could look into the hull to watch for leaks . This was the last stage of trouble shooting because I would only get water into the hull when riding the ski and the faster the speed the more water. All is good now and I made the bilge pump permanent.

Has anyone else had this problem.

I have not heard of this before.. if the system is working the ski should be fairly dry. Bilge is usually used if your a hoon and roll it..and it then fills with water.

I just got 3 similar threads linked to me about water in the hull. You should check them out.
RegardsMike

Make sure that you loop those 2 black tube up high then to the baler parts. If they are lower level then they will suck water back into the hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back