Sea Doo GTI 155 SE Battery Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger120th

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and forums in general but I had a few questions I was hoping someone could help me with.

I purchased a 2011 Seadoo GTI 155 SE last year and it ran great! I know very little regarding marine engines so I made sure to read the manual and do the checks the dealer discussed each time I took it out and put it in. I took it to the dealer for it's 10 hour service and then ran it for another 8 before I brought it back in for winterization. We then stored it out side under a tarp, the same as all of my Dad's boats and pulled the battery. When we started to get it ready this season we realized the battery only puts out 12.2 volts and won't take a charge. It looks like there was no water in it at all. (I wasn't aware this is something you needed to check) Is this something the dealer should've checked? We purchased a X2-30LA X2Power® AGM Battery from Batteries Plus and I was curious if anyone had any experience with this battery? Also, any tips on how to install it? Any tips on how to make sure it lasts longer than a year this time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Use a battery tender to maintain battery life, but make the battery is not connected to the ski when the tender is hooked up. I had the same issue earlier this year, battery was bone dry, just poor maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back