Sea-doo 3D electrical problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwig

*2004 3d

Hello, I have a 04 3d that has a electrical problem that was fixed once at a Sea Doo dealership, the problem being it seems to be in a limp mode and won't rev up, and it almost sounds as if it has internal engine problems. This problem occurred once before and as I said and the dealership found a faulty fuse and that's all that was wrong with it easy fix? Now it's having the same problem and I have it at a non dealership repair shop and they can't figure it out. Anyone have this problem out there? The dealership that fixed it the first time is out of business now.

Thanks for any help with this.cwig

yes, sounds like a regulator/rectifier or stator issue, you need to see battery voltage go up once you have the engine running, but shouldn't see more than 16 volts dc or so. too much or too little charging voltage will cause running issues like that need to check both the regulator/rectifier and the stator, on the stator each pole should be about the same amount of resistance between each yellow wire and not be shorted to ground, i can't remember what the resistance should be but it will likely be anywhere from 2 ohms down to .1 ohm if it was bad you will usually see 0 ohm or open circuit or really high resistance because it is burnt out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back