Scupper valve 97 speedster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks. New here. Just got myself a 97 speedster twin 85s. I have a bad scupper valve. As water comes in when I’m sitting still. My research from forums say I need scupper valve. But the only thing I can’t find is how to change it or where it is even located.

I am pretty good at DIY. but wanted to see if any members here could point me in the right direction? Maybe with a picture or two ? Or if there are any threads on this topic already. I can’t seem to figure it out.

Thanks for the help!

Thank you greatly. Another question. I don’t seem to have the screws needed to replace. Could you point me in the direction of what screws I need ?

To be honest, I can't remember if it came with screws or not. If not, any stainless screw the size of the ones you take out will work fine. I used some marine silicone when I put it back on.

I’ll send you guys a pic. I legit have nothing on the back. I didn’t notice. But the last guy must have ripped it clean off. And I don’t know if the one from amazon I ordered comes with screws.

That's odd...though I have a challenger...I thought they were the same. Here's a pic of my transom..scupper on the far right.1528911400970.png

No no. Like I have a spot for a scupper. I meant the guy I got it from. It fell off and he never replaced it. Which I’m thinking may be why I’m getting so much water in the engine bay after cruising. I know it has its own hose. But on the back of the boat Legit just an open hole where scupper should be

Any chance you could tell me the size of the screws used to screw on the scupper plate ? Like I said. All I have is a hole and screw holes where a plate did once go.

Also do you think if that that scupper hole was just totally open and under water. That that could possibly let water into the engine bay ? I know that I always get water by my feet. But do you think someone that tube that connects the floor drain and scupper hole could leak or something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back