Sbt starter and PLUMBERS RULE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian0516

Is it common for the one way gear on bendix to strip? Starter is only 3 months old. Maybe 20 hours on it. Went to fire up xp on trailer before I left for boat ramp. Cranked a few times then grinding. Pulled mag cover and bendix engages but won't spin when it hits fly wheel. Also, I found a great way to not lose bolts when pulling starteruploadfromtaptalk1408492893215.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408492911450.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408492922988.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408492934659.jpg

Great tip with the plumbers putty, thanks for sharing. I hate to tell you this, and most of SBT's stuff is pretty good, however their starters are junk, made in China. If you still have your OEM rebuild it, all they usually need is a brush kit. If you don't have your OEM, buy a good used one from Nick [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] he can probably rebuild it for you if you want.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00579XP7O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lou

I love sbt.. but their starters =
408.jpg

Son of a buck. Thanks guys. Figures it's gonna be in the high 80's in northern indiana for the next 7 days. I'll talk to Nick

Probably the mag. housing seal, how much oil? If it's a small amount I wouldn't worry.

Lou

Great tip with the plumbers putty, thanks for sharing. I hate to tell you this, and most of SBT's stuff is pretty good, however their starters are junk, made in China. If you still have your OEM rebuild it, all they usually need is a brush kit. If you don't have your OEM, buy a good used one from Nick [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] he can probably rebuild it for you if you want.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00579XP7O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lou

curiously, has anyone used just the SBT brush kit ?

Update. Sent email last night. They replied promptly this morning. 1 year warranty on starters. I have to pay to ship it back(not sure why I have to pay), they will test it. If there are no issues. They will ship another one out.

Wanna give huge thanks to manolocross for hooking me up with a oem rebuilt starter. Hit him up if you need parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back