Rxt 215 taking water. Only in reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone I recently purchased 2 rxt 215s they both run like new side by side the whole time but I’m having an issue with one.
When I go into reverse the ski starts to take on a lot of water doesn’t take water till the ski isn’t moving anymore. I left it in reverse at a spring I went to and half the hull was full by the time I came back out. I drained water opened drain plugs and rode home. Few days later I went to see where leak was coming from couldn’t find any leaks rode for 2 hours not a drop of water. Now I’m at a restaurant and I noticed water coming into the ski and I heard it sounded like a waterfall lol. But I started messing with stuff and moved the reverse/drive knob and heard it stop. Did it a few times and determined that’s What it was. Not sure how to go about fixing it. Any pointers would help. I’m sure it’s not too hard to fix. I forgot to mention in the post that In order to get the ski to go from reverse back into drive you have to turn the ski off not sure if that has something to do with the issue or not. But thank you for reading if you made it this far!

What year is the ski? Sounds like pre-iBR.

This is why everyone should have a bilge pump that kicks on automatically...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back