RXT 215 rpm loss

Boone

Hello all, I have a 2006 RXT215 and a same year GTX limited with the same supercharged 215hp engine that I bought about 2 years ago. The two are virtually the same ski’s with very few differences in options (same hull, engine, ect.). I have noticed recently that the RXT was slightly slower than the GTX, with a slightly more noticeable vibration than the GTX. I felt the RXT was overall not as fast as it should be, with a top speed of around 63. After noticing this, I went on to do a full service (oil change and plugs), rebuilt supercharger, new solas polished impeller and new wear ring, free flow exhaust, as well as tightening the throttle cable to get rid of slack and ensure full throttle. After doing all this, the speed and vibration did not change much at all. After watching a youtube video of an identical RXT 215, the ski reached 69-70 mph @8000 rpm. Taking mine out again, mine reached 63-64 mph @ only 7400-7500 rpm. Has anybody else had this problem? Does anybody have any suggestions about where/why I’m losing 500 rpm and 7mph?

Hello all, I have a 2006 RXT215 and a same year GTX limited with the same supercharged 215hp engine that I bought about 2 years ago. The two are virtually the same ski’s with very few differences in options (same hull, engine, ect.). I have noticed recently that the RXT was slightly slower than the GTX, with a slightly more noticeable vibration than the GTX. I felt the RXT was overall not as fast as it should be, with a top speed of around 63. After noticing this, I went on to do a full service (oil change and plugs), rebuilt supercharger, new solas polished impeller and new wear ring, free flow exhaust, as well as tightening the throttle cable to get rid of slack and ensure full throttle. After doing all this, the speed and vibration did not change much at all. After watching a youtube video of an identical RXT 215, the ski reached 69-70 mph @8000 rpm. Taking mine out again, mine reached 63-64 mph @ only 7400-7500 rpm. Has anybody else had this problem? Does anybody have any suggestions about where/why I’m losing 500 rpm and 7mph?
Has it always been lower in rpm or is this a new issue?

Vibration is usually driveline, pump bearing, engine mounts, etc. If the loss of RPM is new could be the new impeller. A leak down test would also eliminate engine damage.

Has it always been lower in rpm or is this a new issue?
For the first long while I had it, the ski did not have a set of gages in it so I couldn’t ever tell what rpm it was running at, but it always could hang with my buddies Yamaha fx cruiser that was supercharged so I felt that it was running correctly. While the vibration has always been there, more recently I have noticed it slacking behind in speed compared to the Yamaha. I the thought It might be just me getting used to the power, but lately I have noticed a decrease in speed compared to when I first got it.

What exactly is good? How full is your oil? Is it up the full line?
Yes, the oil level sits right in between the low and full marks (slight bends in the dipstick). Exactly where it should be with no oil lights or warnings of any kind.

Remove some oil to the low mark and then run it and see if your rpms change.

You can switch pumps between the 2 skis quickly and test to eliminate pump/impeller problems.

Back