RXP-X or a RXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra44rk

Hi, I am fairly new to this forum and it is really a great site! I currently own a 1996 Sea-Doo GTX, and I love the machine to death. Really there is nothing wrong with it and will run 60 mph on choppy waters... New motor, great shape.

However, I have heard nothing but RAVE reviews about the new RXP's and the RXP-X's appear to be the boat to have. I might be interested in buying one of these, but I'm not sure if the extra money is worth it to get the RXP-X... or if a normal RXP is good enough. I have heard a 2 mph difference top end (66 vs 68), but the accelleration is far more impressive on an RXP-X.

Anyone who has ridden both can you enlighten me on fun factor and if the extra dough for the X is worth it?

Also, is the insurance going to be even more outrageous on the X model than the standard?

Thanks,
-Rick

I think if you ride one you'll be hooked...You need to decide what model is better your style. As far as insurance, call your agent to get a quote. Its based on your credit score, background and location ...everyone is different.

Karl

I just finished my 12 hour break in on an 07 rxp. This is my first one to own personally.

Im a pretty aggressive guy with my toys and I would have to say the RXP more than completes my need for speed and power.

Generally the places I go I can out-run most other crafts on the lakes, so another 3mph or 10 isnt going to make a difference to me.

But if your the type who would want to have the latest and greatest then the Rxp-x would fit that style more. There is always a faster one out there though.

So for me.. I did not have any need to go with the extra 35 horses for 3k more.

the RXP-X is like a Stage II RXP. You'll love either one. If money is not an issue, get the X

I can get a lot better deal on the RXP, plus I love the Red look (I'm a Polaris Snowmobile guy too so Red and me get along).

I have read all about the Riva Stage I and II kits. I think I am going to stick with the RXP and see how the performance makes me feel stock... and if not enough I will check into the different stage kits maybe a year or so down the road.

Thanks everyone.... and I am sure the non-X model is cheaper on insurance.

I suggest test driving both of them, if your serious then then they should let you... Yhe X model has other diffrenses to, mane one would be a larger pump so you wont get the top speed potenchal as the rxp does, i think the X model is over rated, stick with the rxp and give riva performance a call, How much do you pay for insureance I pay $300 a year on my seadoo sporster 4tec

I have heard that about the X that the pump is very large giving the good acceleration but limits the top end potential greatly. Thats why Riva changes the outlet for more top end. I am really considering the regualar RXP, as I think 215 would be enough for me compared to the 110 my GTX has. I have not called my insurance yet on either model, but have to go in tomorrow so I should definately know.

check boatus.com for insurance quote. I have rxtx and love it. see if they have a demo day att your dealership, that way you can test drive just about everything they have out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back