RX DI 2002 exhaust cooling

LCF

Hello
I am new here and I am also new ski jet owner, Sea Doo RX DI 2002.
There was a hole in a piece of rubber exhaust hose when I bought it.
We changed to the new one, but not original and it broken/burned again after just few rides.

We suppose there is a problem with water cooling.

I've found a thread regarding this issue where I learned about checking water regulator and water lines, which we are also checking .

But, what we have noticed with my mechanic, when the ski is on the land with connected water for cooling to the backside inlet, the engine and the exhaust are pretty cool, everything looks fine. But on the water this inlet is open and we suspect the water which should cool the exhaust is leaving to the lake.

My mechanic figured it out today, as has another ski where the service inlet is inside and it's sealed!

I did the pics and marked the inlet and uploaded to the google drive:
Sea Doo – Google Drive

If that works how we think, it might be a problem with exhaust cooling and rubber burning and the inlet must be sealed when the ski is on the water.
Could anyone advice about that ?

Thanks in advance :)

If you are referring to where the garden hose connects, that should not be sealed. Note water flows "backward" when you are on the hose. So it is normal for water to comes out of that connection when running normal in the water. Have you looked at the cooling water flow diagram in the shop manual?

Im assuming someone put that there to easily flush the system but it stops it from coming out. Id remove that and see what happens

Back