Rx 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick.rx

Hi everyone..New on here today from the UK...Well im rebuilding the top half of my rx 2000...Got all parts and now waiting to put back together..Slightly confused about the cylinder head gasket..After asking a few different people about weather i should put any sealent on the gasket im getting different responce,some say none and some say yes..CONFUSED...Anyone out there who has rebuilt the top end and want to give me some advice?..Its a new gasket,I feel like i should put a little of something on it just to make sure.....Nick.....

Sealant?

Welcome to the forum Nick!....glad to have you here.
The confusion is due to a matter of preference. Some people will, some won't.
For the record, you shouldn't use anything on a new gasket. Make sure the surfaces are good and clean. The machined surface of the heads to the gasket, with the proper torque should give you a good seal.
I do know of some that will use a sealant, which I personally don't recommend, but if you do, it needs to be a high temp silicone. Any other grade material won't work under the pressure and temperatures of the head.
Good luck with the engine rebuild. Let us know how she runs when you get her running!..........and remember, if you have questions along the way, come on back!

Welcome to the forum Nick.I agree with seadoosnipe, use the gasket as it is.
Seadoo made the gasket to work as it is, and when torqued down to the proper torque and sequence will do the job just fine. If you need more info on torque specs or sequence I would recomend you join as a premium member to get all the info you need to install the new top end. The seadoo fourm has all the seadoo manuals in the library direct from seadoo. They are available to read on line or download as a pdf and print them off for you personal use. Click on the link "seadoo manual" at the top of the page for more details.
Good luck with your project, and if you need any more help let us know.
Karl

I have a service manual so i have all the torque settings and sequences thanks...This is my first rebuild,its not really that hard as long as you have the right tools .....Nick

Here to help...

Great Nick, I try to suggest the easiest way to repair your doo without playing the guessing game. A lot of people just dive in and have problems finishing up without a manual. The seadoo manual is the bible of repairs. I'm Glad you have the home work done. If you get in a jam, let us know and we'll do all we can to help. As you see this is a friendly place with eager members to help.
Cheers:cheers:
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back