Rotax cylinder modification for temp guage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephensimmons

I have beem reading alot on here and see that it is kind of easy to seize these two strokes if your not careful. So i have been thinking sense heat is what seizes a engine, Could i modify each cylinder to accept a temp sensor and mount two seperate guages(one for the mag and one for the pto cylinders)? I figure in a dual carb setup or even one that was not tuned correctly this may help. Exspecially in a dual carb setup where one carb could be not working correctly and running lead you could spot it because the temp would be up on that cylinder more than the other. Or if you ran it to hard for too long you would know to back off. Just a thought. What you think? May save a engine?

Since the same water cools both cylinders and it moves through the motor very fast I would not see a need of two temperature sensors.

Lou

Since the same water cools both cylinders and it moves through the motor very fast I would not see a need of two temperature sensors.

Lou

So your saying if i put the sensor in the water jacket of each cylinder i couldnt tell if one was running hotter than the other?

No. It would be a waste.... Too many unknowns. The water doesn't start out at the same temp for each cylinder. You would be way better off with an egt gauge monitoring each cylinder. But even then. Unless your highly modded it's a waste aswell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back