Rotax 787 2-stroke oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek81

Hey guys, I was reading some post from this forum on 2-stroke oil. I went to West Marine and they told me to fill it up with West Marine TC-W3. From what I'm gathering from this forum is TC-W3 can kill an engine and I need to be using an API-TC synthetic one. If this is true, any knowledge out there on the best way to drain and flush? I did just rebuild my top end on the STBD engine for a blown piston shortly after running the boat with TC-W3. Coincidence, maybe?

1999 Sea-Doo Challenger 1800.

You will have to drain the oil tank, change the oil filters and suck the oil out of the rotary cavity on the engines.

Your oil requires full synthetic API-TC rated oil which is completely different than TCW-3, you can't mix them and they are not compatible.

It's not as bad as it seems too, while your flushing the incorrect oil would be the time to change out the old tank grommets too, inexpensive and easy since you'd already be there, should take less than an hour for your first time flushing the whole system.

You will have to drain the oil tank, change the oil filters and suck the oil out of the rotary cavity on the engines.

Your oil requires full synthetic API-TC rated oil which is completely different than TCW-3, you can't mix them and they are not compatible.
question - i put a new oil filter on and bled the feed line. Should the filter be completely full of oil and as mine is only showing some at the bottom of the filter?

Yes, it should be full. make sure it is vertical, tap it and opening the bleeder typically fills them up.

its definitely vertical and i left the bleeder open for a few minutes and fluid was coming out pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back