Riva Stage 1 upgrade and impeller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Hag

I just bought a 2012 180Sp and can't wait to get it out on the water. It is still at the dealer as part of the deal was that they will install any upgrades or accessories w/o charge. I have so far added a GPS/Fishfinder, Depth Finder, Wake Tower Speakers and Amp, Wakeboard Racks, Speaker Ring lights, cup holder lights, underwater lights and Stereo remote for the swim platform. I wanted to add the RIVA Stage I performance upgrade kit and an upgraded impeller. I spoke with RIVA and they could not recommend what impeller to get and if the kit actually made a difference. Has anyone upgraded to this? If so, what impeller did you purchase and was it worth the upgrade and money? Thanks for the help!

sorry, but the boat may be too new to get any info on this stuff. The boat sounds like it'll be nice tho. Post some pics when you get it all done.

I just bought a 2012 180Sp and can't wait to get it out on the water. It is still at the dealer as part of the deal was that they will install any upgrades or accessories w/o charge. I have so far added a GPS/Fishfinder, Depth Finder, Wake Tower Speakers and Amp, Wakeboard Racks, Speaker Ring lights, cup holder lights, underwater lights and Stereo remote for the swim platform. I wanted to add the RIVA Stage I performance upgrade kit and an upgraded impeller. I spoke with RIVA and they could not recommend what impeller to get and if the kit actually made a difference. Has anyone upgraded to this? If so, what impeller did you purchase and was it worth the upgrade and money? Thanks for the help!

I can understand the stereo, fish/depth finder,speakers and such upgrades, but won't the upgrade to RIVA I and impeller possibly void the warranty for at least those items????????

There is someone who did performance upgrades to their c180 on greenhulk I think. Generally I think the result wasn't worth the effort. He got an extra 4mph, additional cost of course and extra fuel consumption due to higher rpm. I think he may have eventually reverted back to stock stuff. Don't want to put you off, different needs for different people. My greatest need is a jet with good speed and range in semi choppy water. For me the stock performance is fine. No first hand experience though.
Yours sounds like it will be a beast when finished, keep us posted.
Cheers

Not sure if the upgrade will void the warranty. I have not done it yet as I have not heard anyone say it is worth it. I also saw the thread on greenhulk and was curious if the results were worth the expense. Seems like if it was, more people would be posting. Thanks for the feedback. I will post some updates once I get all of the installs completed.

Still no pics?? I have the same boat and would like to add a few things, wakeboard rack and tower speakers. Never heard of cup holder lights (I am new to this) but that sounds awesome!! Definitely need to see some pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back