Replacing the starter drive assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

toohott7718

Hello, I have a 1999 Seadoo Gtx limited and the starter drive assembly (bendix) went out. I can't find anywhere online to show how this is done, has anyone here done this repair? Can you give me some direction to get this part replaced? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you:thumbsup:

Its not worth fixing in my opinion ......i would just get a good used OEM starter from some of the guys on here...Dont buy a aftermarket one though.....send a message to 99spxxx or minnetonka4 me

lt's not the starter, it's the part where the starter connects to called the starter drive assembly or starter bendix, I have also seen it called an idler gear.
The starter engages that then it turns the flywheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL thanks buddy but there are different on the 951s....the bendix is separate.

You have to pop the flywheel off....which means the exhaust head pipe needs to be removed. that nut on the bottom of the pipe is a total PITA.

The Flywheel is not very easy to pop inside the hull...get a correct OEM puller to make it alot less painless.

Make sure to locate the 3 little square pieces that fall out of the bendix; they always fall out and rip up everything.

Brock is right about OEM though...I have good used bendix for $50 shipped.

HUH???? from what i am understanding your starter is not engaging correct??? If its the gear on the end then you can fix that fairly easy but if the actual arm is bad its not worth fixing..... Is it the piece that flings out with the teeth on it thats bad

ahhhhh....thats right his is a 951 I seen GTX but not limited....thought it was an 800..... ok do what he says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back