Repairing SPX leaking hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

BaileyF98

Okay. I noticed my ski was taking on some water. I tipped the ski back a bit and poured water into the hull which was advised to do in the forums to find leaks. I saw some some drips under the ski and through the top could see small bubbles where I noticed this crack near the motor mount. Do I need to remove the turbine mount(sorry dony know what it's called) to properly repair the fiberglass and gelcoat? If I remove the screws will I need to add anything when reinstalled to prevent leaking from those? Could use some advise on how to go about this repair moving forward. Thanks

Attachments

• 20240402_125120.jpg
    20240402_125120.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240402_123611.jpg
    20240402_123611.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 6
Can't tell much from the pictures but I can tell you that if it is a crack you can "V" it out out some and taper if off as a prep. Then put something in there to get the oil out and get the surface as clean as possible. I'd clean it up good before I started removing fiberglass then do it again after I had it where I wanted it. Oil is the enemy. You should be able to seal it up good with no problem.
Is it the area around the intake grate and you're asking about?

Back