Removing Challenger Back Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

biffdotorg

So the previous owner of our X-20 used some tenting poles that he setup on top of the center rear seat. Of course over the years it stressed that seat, and it started cracking and tearing. Only the middle-inner cushion.

It was the only seat in the boat showing any signs of wear! It was frustrating for sure. So I logged on to one of the SeaDoo parts vendors and found the part number for that center cushion as well as the darts for the edges. I left a followed search on Ebay, and wouldn't you know the exact parts popped up! I got it for a steal.

So yesterday I got crazy and tried to figure out how to remove the rear seat in the Challenger. It wasn't really hard to figure out, but harder to figure out how to undo the 4 screws without passing out!!

OMG, hang upside down inside the engine bay for that much time is hard on an old fat guy like me! I had to come up for a swallow of beer every so often. The new OEM center cushion riveted in just fine, and the color matches very well. Once I got the darts replaced on the corners, I was able to put the assembled bench in with no issues.

It's pretty cool to figure out something you have never done before, and have it turn out so nice. Kudos to the guys that do this stuff for a living. I can do without the fiberglass slivers.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

OMG, hang upside down inside the engine bay for that much time is hard on an old fat guy like me! I had to come up for a swallow of beer every so often. The new OEM center cushion riveted in just fine, and the color matches very well. Once I got the darts replaced on the corners, I was able to put the assembled bench in with no issues.
View attachment 27539View attachment 27540

That's funny. I'm an old fat guy as well and nearly killed myself cleaning out the bilge. I figure the best plan is to create some Mission Impossible type rig where you hang from a harness that lets you spin around like Tom Cruise. Only without all the leather of course. :)

Re: The tent, I need to figure something out that works better. I've created PVC tent stands, I've placed taller step ladder in the hull when covering it, everything. Then when I go outside, I see 50 gallons of water weighing the whole thing down.

Re: The tent, I need to figure something out that works better. I've created PVC tent stands, I've placed taller step ladder in the hull when covering it, everything. Then when I go outside, I see 50 gallons of water weighing the whole thing down.

I will check my other posts, but I created a PVC "T" that slips over the ski pylon. This T I put padding on, and I run my anti-pooling straps through from the rear cleats to the front cleats.

This keeps the back and up in the air. I also lay our 2-person tube in the bow, and the second tube between the bucket seats and the consoles. This keeps it from pooling in the bow and behind the consoles. It works well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back