Reduce forward idle speed on 2011 GTI 155 Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpriley

Just purchased a 2011 GTI 155 Limited. The forward idle speed seems way to fast--any way to change the default setting for this?

Your idle RPM's should be approx. 1850 in the the water. I'm not sure if the dealer can change that or not.

Same on my 2011 GTX 260. Not sure of the idle RPM but I am constantly having to pull on my reverse lever. It is not a big problem but would be nice if it was a little slower.

Ha ha.It is a machine not a computer.It has a mechanical adjustment not a default setting.Sorry.Had to laugh

Just purchased a 2011 GTI 155 Limited. The forward idle speed seems way to fast--any way to change the default setting for this?

You should be right around 1800 RPMs at idle. What are you running at?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh. Go for your life laughing at me. I don't give a flying eff mate.At least you are leaving other people alone.I was laughing at the cliche'
I heard a guy say his wife was "downloading" a baby.
Can't you see the funny side of it?

Yeh. Go for your life laughing at me. I don't give a flying eff mate.At least you are leaving other people alone.I was laughing at the cliche'
I heard a guy say his wife was "downloading" a baby.
Can't you see the funny side of it?

So I am a bit confused at your hostility there. Maybe it is you that needs to see the funny side?

I thought I put a smiley face at the end of my statement, not a middle finger?

And if you just post random funny thoughts that pass through your head with no context, then how can you expect us to "get" them? Sounded like you were laughing at others for thinking they couldn't just lift there seat and turn a screw. See the irony in your statement now?

I am sooo confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just what is it we're discussing. Idle controlled by the ECU (which is a correct statement) or what?

Yeah, I am a bit confused by crisso's posts. Not sure if I offended him or what. I think he was trying to make a joke and I missed it. Next thing I know, someone pulled a baby out of the internet.

not to hop on this thread, maybe i should start a new one. just got an 08 gti 155 and for "idling" through 5 mile hour zones, i seem to "hunting" a lot to get the right speed (just idling is too low, but seems to be "straining" (for lack of better term) to go a bit faster. since we have a couple of pretty long sections to go through at 5, would i need to put in a different impeller to correct this issue, or change idle speed (not sure if original owner changed the impeller or not).

There was no hostility. it was the words used to ask how to adjust the idle back a bit,Our language is changing with technology.

not to hop on this thread, maybe i should start a new one. just got an 08 gti 155 and for "idling" through 5 mile hour zones, i seem to "hunting" a lot to get the right speed (just idling is too low, but seems to be "straining" (for lack of better term) to go a bit faster. since we have a couple of pretty long sections to go through at 5, would i need to put in a different impeller to correct this issue, or change idle speed (not sure if original owner changed the impeller or not).

jxg, what is your idle RPMs under load (in the water)?

wow, just realized i never got back to this. probably about 3600, i think. i will have to check for sure though.

ok, i obviously didn't read his question correctly, and therefore made a stupid reply (what do you expect for being 6 months late :D ). I need to validate all this, but my idle speed probably is in about that range (1700 - 1800). i thought he meant (and now that i actually read it correctly), is what are my RPMS when i am trying to maintain the no wake speed. so my issue is, at just idle, its too slow to go through a really long no wake zone. but the ski seems like it struggles when giving it a bit of gas to go a little faster but still maintain no wake. so i was wondering if an impellor change could be made to adjust for that. I started a newer thread asking that specific question (although i was probably just as vague there too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back