Recommended oil 2008 RXT 215 - Recommendations have changed

ilja2k

I see that BRP oil change kits are now full synthetic. I was of the understanding that wet clutches cannot use synthetic oil. Yet, the dealer only has Seadoo XPS full synesthetic kits available.
My machine is 2008, has a SC rebuild 2 years ago (BRP dealer installed). Is it a mistake to use the synthetic kit the dealer sold me? I'm not sure this will be an issue or not, but the kit states it is good for all engines including turbo and supercharged.
To add to this, the rebuild kit used to rebuild my supercharger after 100 hrs is the same as used in the newest machines.
I see a lot of conflicting information on this, but its older opinions. I wanted to get a 2024 view on this even though my machine is a 2008 vintage.
Thanks for your comments/advice on this topic.

New to PWC ownership dont know squat about’em in terms of maintenance. Powerboat (offshore) owner all my adult life. Anyway, got twin ‘08 Wake 215’s with dual trailer and extras, bit I know in the twin mega HP world of offshore go-fasts this standard vs synthetic argument has raged for years. Engineers in the petroleum industry will simply say synthetic is for the lazy oil changers because it lasts longer, but OBTW todays standard oils dont break down like pap-paws oil did in the day and is good for 5-8k miles easily.

Back