Reassemby of 4-Tec: How to Correctly Install Stator Drum and Sleeve THINGY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rferrel1

Situation: Local dealer pulled 04 GTX LTD motor. When motor blew supercharger, it did some collateral damage to both oil pumps, starter gear, etc. I'm starting to reassemble. I noticed my flywheel drum that rotates around the stator has a stamped, fingered THINGY that sleeves around the drum. Does that THINGY have to be in a SPECIFIC position. I got a replacement drum, but can't tell from my pile of parts exactly how the stamped, fingered THINGY positions around the drum. ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED! THANKS!

Situation: Local dealer pulled 04 GTX LTD motor. When motor blew supercharger, it did some collateral damage to both oil pumps, starter gear, etc. I'm starting to reassemble. I noticed my flywheel drum that rotates around the stator has a stamped, fingered THINGY that sleeves around the drum. Does that THINGY have to be in a SPECIFIC position. I got a replacement drum, but can't tell from my pile of parts exactly how the stamped, fingered THINGY positions around the drum. ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED! THANKS!

Could you pick out the thingy on this page?

http://fiche.seadoowarehouse.com/se...1&c=0&d=-MAGNETO-ASSY.-W/-OIL-AND-WATER-PUMPS

There will be a hole in encoder wheel that will fit in the pin on crankshaft then magneto will fit in. Order new magneto bolts from either brp or arp as the fasteners from that year motor have been know to shear off.

Much thanks. In the manual it was telling me to find TDC with a screwdriver in spark plug #3, then lock the crankshaft with locking tool, and also to micrometer the fingers on the encoder to make sure they're all the same height +/- .006 inch by rotating flywheel. I'm not looking at the encoder right now (at work multi-tasking - hee hee) so I didn't recall the alignment hole on encoder wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back