Rave Valve covered in oil from

Oskii86

I bought my first jet ski. A 2003 season gtx di the other day. Long story short, I disconnected the rave valve and noticed they were covered in oil. It’s that normal? The previous owner and from the research i been looking at. The engine doesn’t take oil. Only the gas and oil mix. So is this a serious issues with the engine? It runs fine and starts right up.

I did and cleaned the carbon off them. Just wanted to know if the oil was normal sign? It fires up without an issues. Stalls out here and there but fires back up. Won’t go past 45 mph and won’t past 5,000 rpms. I replaced the air sensor, cleaned the rave valves, cleaned the fuel injectors. Just ordered a check valve and 2 throttle sensors and a knock valve. Hopefully it fixes the issue. Code was reading p1102, p1103, p0202 and a p0217 codes

951 Di P1102 code
I did a quick search on google for code p1102 and found this thread. If you search on google enter your search terms followed by site: Seadooforum.com to get results from the forum only. Sorry I won’t be much help on the 951 DI, never worked on one, only thing I would know to do is clean them and inspect that the bellows and o rings are in good shape, check the housing and guillotine for excessive wear which it sounds like you’ve already done. I will say I had a similar issue on a 787 and it ended up being the rave valves weren’t opening that wouldn’t let the machine get much over 5000 rpm. Good luck

Back