R&D

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick.rx

Another question im looking for input on.....Recently purchased a R&D air filter(flame Arrestor) Was thinking of doing away with the great big one thats on my 951 rx 2000 carby....On doing some reaserch found out it might not be a good idea, as that great big one was designed especially for that model stopping the water getting in...I hear that water might get in the engine with the R&D..And i will most probably need to up jet the carbs..is it all worth it i ask myself...Anyone out there done this or have any input i will be most greatfull...Nick UK

........personal preference?

Nick, it's all in personal preference. No, you really won't notice a big difference in changing the flame arrestor. There is a lot of hopla about the ability of better breathing for the engine ect...but in reality, you'll not notice any major difference in the performance. Now, if your going to build a mod, you might consider that. KustomKarl raced skis when he was a young lad, you might solicit his opinion.

Nick, Seadoosnipe is correct about the flame arrestor. You won't notice any change, unless you do more mods to your doo. Remember the engine will only let in as much as it can push out...meaning the engine will only take in as much air is it is allowed to push out the exhaust. The doo was designed to be efficient using the air intake it has being able to push all it takes in and no more. If you want to build a gas guzzling, maintenance demanding monster, I could give ya some tips. My advise...for low maintenance economy running fun keep it stock...unless you LIKE to turn wrenches all the time. I was into mods not so long ago...like 10 years ago. I ran the race circuit on Kawasaki's stand up ski's. The more you modify the more you have to maintain.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back