Quicksilver API-TC PWC oil $21 vs $48 XPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimski18

I picked up a Sea Doo Challenger with twin 85hp rotax engines. Just had the carbs rebuilt, both engines are still in excellent shape (135+ psi on all cylinders)

The previous owner, who had it for 7 years, used the Sea Doo XPS II synthetic 2-stroke oil and I still have a nearly full tank of oil, however, since it is a twin engine, my thoughts on buying oil is making me think that the $21 cost for the API-TC certified Quicksilver is worth the savings vs the $48 XPS oil.

I know this issue has been hashed out on numerous threads, most people say that Quicksilver is ok to use but for the "slight price difference, stick with XPS" but that was when QS was $38/gallon.

Now that Wal-Mart is selling it for $21, what is everyone's thinking on it? And also, should I wait until the oil tank is near empty before adding in the new oil?

Walmart I thought was discontinuing the oil so that is why the price is cheap. Personally I like the xps, but it's up to you they both work fine. But I would clean out the tanks and drain them if I was you

The Merc APT-TC oil is fine. But, as above... they may be discontinuing it. (sounds cheap)

Regardless... DO NOT mix oils. Drain out any remaining oil before putting in the Quicksilver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back