Pylon extension?

prevelige

I have a 2004 Sportster with the 4-Tec engine. The ski pylon that's included is so short that the ski rope is in the wake all the time. Has anyone gotten an extension or lengthened the OEM part successfully? Even another 6-12" would probably help a lot. I don't really want to buy a ski tower.

TIA

I have a 2004 Sportster with the 4-Tec engine. The ski pylon that's included is so short that the ski rope is in the wake all the time. Has anyone gotten an extension or lengthened the OEM part successfully? Even another 6-12" would probably help a lot. I don't really want to buy a ski tower.

TIA

Hey, not really picturing this issue. The rope is in the wake when someone is wakeboarding/skiiing or when towing a tube?

If a tube, I had the same issue with my challenger. Bought an airhead orb booster ball, Comes with tow rope. Made a massive diff. As per other post I added a short section of ski rope to make it easier to attach to the tow hook.

But if you’re having issues with someone skiing and the rope dragging in the wake I don’t have a solution.

Specifically when towing a tube. I hadn't heard of the orb. That might be worth trying. But if I could get this bar to be 6 to 12 inches higher, I think it would change a lot of the problems. image.jpg

Ah very cool. I looked online and only saw a swim platform hook. For sure if that was higher it would help skiers too.

I’d bet you could get someone to fabricate a aluminium pole. If you do get something made don’t make it too strong if something was to make it bend you want pole to bend not your hull!

The orb is fantastic though, quick to inflate/deflate and stick in ski locker if your worried about space.

Back