Pump wedge & intake grate on speedster..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SC_titan

Has anyone ever tried a pump wedge/aftermarket intake grate on a speedster??

I know the consensus is to not mod these boats, but I dont see why these would not work for a couple mph or so.

anybody ever actually tried this?

while I'm beating a dead horse....skat trak swirl vs solas, I dont want to lose any top end, while a little better holeshot would be great. I would call Impros, but i have a friend that can order either,..

thanks,

i see on the application chart for skat trak, they recommend a 14.5/22.5 for holeshot on a challenger, and 17/22 for top speed. I wonder how two 17/22 swirls would do on a 97 speedster?

the challenger has a 110 hp engine. you have twin 85's. yes... you have 2 of them... but each one still has to run a pump. I recommend using the recommended impeller. if you step up to the 17/22... you may bog your engines a little... in turn, killing your hole shot.

As far as a pump wedge... give it a try, and let us know. but personally, I don't think it will do much. a boat hull is much heavier than a ski, and it may not lift the hull enough to make a difference.

I have searched for solas and skat trak threads. there seems to be a lot more happy customers using the swirl. So I will use the reccomended 14.5/22.5 i guess, hopefully i wont lose much top end. guess i will skip the wedge too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back