pro's and cons

Status
Not open for further replies.

ditchsurfer

I dont own a PWC, but my cousin has owned several Seadoo's and swears by them. I am thinking about buying a used one to start, but where to start. Seadoo has several models, I am sure some have advantages over others. What do you guys like and what would you avoid, in models or steering or motors? Are some Seadoo models better than others. Do some have seperate oil and gas tanks? is that a advantage? I am a newbie, but want to step in the right direction. Looking forward to your responces. Thanks guys and gals:bigear:

What kind of riding do you do? How big of a ski, 1,2,3 person, do you want.
How much performance do you want? Do you want performance over stability? How much do you want to spend?

Lou

thanks Lou

My riding varies, speed is always good, stability is a close second, at times I like to zip back and forth hiting a good wave to get air. I was thinking a 2 seater, but a good three wouldnt be out of the question. For my first one, I was looking at 2 to 3,000. I see you have a Seadoo, are there advantages other makes have that seadoo doesnt or vice versa

DI no'no....

Stay away from anything you see powered by the DI (direct ordital injection) system. Not to knock it because when it's running, it's the fastest most fuel efficient system. But, if you ever have a problem, they are murder to try and troubleshoot. Because they work on the high pressure side of the motor, using a secondary component... the air compressor.

Like stated above, it does depend on your riding needs. Most younger people, who want to ride hard, hit waves and keep up with their friends, will purchase the XP models.

In the XP model, I'd recommend something from 96 and newer. It has the 110 hp 787cc engine.

If you go three seat, I'd go with the GTX model, 96 or 97 model. It too has the 787cc. I own this model and have two small children. It's awesome fast. I have a solas concord impeller and have a peak speed of 62 mph. So, it's plenty fast enough for me....

I'd also recommend you stay away from the skis powered by the 951. It's a 130 hp motor but has had known issues with shorting the magneto with metal shavings..... So, look for the 787cc as your power source....:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back