Possible location of oil leak

So, I have a 2 stoke oil leak I'm struggling to locate. Here's the whole story: My 99 GTI engine went kaboom so I went searching for another 717 engine for it. I found a 2000 GS that was sitting for a while with no history behind it. The hull was full of oil but the compression was at 140 and the engine looked mint, so I bought it. I did the swap and now my GTI hull is getting 2T oil leaking in it. I traced the leak all the way back to the oil injection / rotary valve cover area. I thought it was the oil injection so I swapped it with my kaboom engine's oil injection and that didn't fix the issue. So what would be your next move? By a Rotary valve cover seal it or would you look at something else. Like I said it has nothing to do with the oil injection or the lines since those were already there attached to my kaboom engine and I never had that issue.

It’s the 2 piece oil tank leaking at the seam and running down the hose. It’s always the junk 2 piece oil tanks.

It’s the 2 piece oil tank leaking at the seam and running down the hose. It’s always the junk 2 piece oil tanks.
Thanks for the helping me brain storm, but I'm 100% positive it's not that. I held some paper under the oil injection and I was getting the drips on it. At the same time, I made sure the oil was not leaking down any of the tubes from the tank. I pulled up the diagram and removing the injection and cover (which i confirmed it wasnt it by swapping with my good one), there's only two possible oil seals.

I was hoping for information like you provided but I can rule that one out since I'm 100% positive that the oil is coming down from the injection area.

lmao, I need to solve this one quick, oil is too expensive to be leaking out into the hull.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241003_223357_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241003_223357_Chrome.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 1
Have you inspected the oil hoses going from the oil pump to the carbs? Might be old and cracked or not fitting well at the pump.

Have you inspected the oil hoses going from the oil pump to the carbs? Might be old and cracked or not fitting well at the pump.
SMH, I turned an ant hill into a mountain. I feel like a monkey with a wrench. Some way, some how, the oil line got pinched at the oil pump and leaked down towards the pump cover, making it look like the seal was bad. I clipped the pinched end off and reattached, and all is good.

SMH, sometime you have to ignore what looks like the obvious. How the engine was leaking in one ski, I swapped it into my ski with everything else constant and my ski start leaking and the leaks have nothing to do with each other. Amazing...

Back