Please need help !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shift95

So here is my story .....lol ......I have a 1998 xp limited .I had a guy rebuild my motor and put it back in the ski but he only did about 75% of the job and I have no idea how to finish it .....I am so pissed because I have a custom paint job that took me about 2 months to finish it and it looks really good but it don't run .....lol I have no where to turn and don't want to junk the ski ....I live in south lyon mi so I would love someone local to help me out ........

Good and bad,,,

Good is, it is winter time and most can help you at your location easier as they are not in the busy summer months.
Bad is, it is the winter months and not as many people will see your request.

Hopefully someone local will see this and get back to you.

The other option is, post many pictures. There are MANY here that can help you as long as they can see what is happening.

What else needs to be done on it. I'm in White Lake township.....about 15-20 miles from you.

ok from what it looks like I think I need exhaust hooked up ,all hoses ,oil cable ,throttle cable ,water lines , and I think that is it ??? maybe miss some parts ...like oil cable and throttle cable support bracket ..

Don't give up, that is a killer paint job dude. Did you do it yourself? You are on the final stretch of the build and you have THE BEST seadoo forum at your disposal. We can walk you through it

Your about 40 minutes for a great guy that can finish your ski. I'll shoot him an email. But you want [MENTION=51350]Jetskigoodies[/MENTION] to wrap it up. He's in Madison Heights

I'll let his threads do the talking for now

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?74184-96-xp-stock-restoration

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?66293-Our-787-x4-restoration-modification-thread

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?66075-Our-Gsx-Restorations-and-modifications

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?58782-97-xp-resto-90-done

Send me a couple pictures of the inside of the hull. So I can see what is left to do. I will have some time off work soon and might be able to help. Did the guy align the motor? Are the carbs on? Were the fuel lines replaced? Did he rebuild the carbs too? Did he do a full rebuild? Or just a too end? You pmed me a few times but i work afternoon shift so I just got home. Do you have all the parts? Here is the issue, someone else started a project and never finished, so parts could be missing, something could have been installed wrong, who knows if they used the correct torque specs, sealants, gaskets, locktite. A big thing is that all parts and HARDWARE are there. If all he did was set the motor in, then there is alot left. The motor will have to be aligned, driveshafts installed, pump and hull probably need silicone scraped, reapplied and pump installed, exhaust hooked up, fuel lines changed/hooked up. Oil lines hooked up. Oil pump aligned, cooling lines hooked up, plus lots of other little things that add up to alot of time.

jetskigoodies, sorry about all the pm i didnt know if you where getting them or not ...It would be easer if you called me so i can look at the ski and tell you what it needs .......thank you guys for the help !!!!! you really have no idea how stressed i have been about this thing !!!

sweet paint:cool: deff need pics of the pile of parts left to go in and some shots of what is going on inside. a ski like that you should try to finish your self get her as pretty in side as it is out. you have already caught the attention of a handful of seadoo geniuses that can walk you thro it

Thanks alot guys i put a ton of time in the paint ....I got the ski from a friend for free but it looked really bad ...it looked like he rode it on the freeway ...I spent a shit ton of time on the bottom reglassing it ..this guy at my work started to help with the motor but never finshed the job ? from the looks of it i need a oil cable ,and a throttle cable bracket ??? if any of you guys has the parts please let me know and i will pay you for them .... As soon as i get home i will post up some more pic of the motor .....I realy can not thank you guys enough!!!!!!!

Ok, I talked to my buddy and we can help. Already see some things that are not right. On the mag cover there should not be silicone/sealant there. If the seal was missing/torn it should be replaced. You still have grey fuel lines on the carb. That needs to be replaced. It is probably the reason the motor blew up. The carbs probably need to be cleaned then as well. I wish we could have got to it to powerwash and degrease that hull before you painted it. Plus we would have painted the motor too, but now I would be worried I would scratch your paint. I will call you in a few hours. We are actually going to rewrap a few seadoo seats at the warehouse now.

I'd gut it and do it right, that paint deserves a cleaner hull than that. Also gotta find the cause of the discolored exhaust mani.

Bill,
After seeing the pics I think Jetskigoodies is your best bet to help you. He is in Madison heights I believe.
Actually I would remove the motor very carefully and lay down padding to protect the paint job, then wash out the hull and have JSG paint the motor too. It can be done while assembled. These guys know their stuff so you can trust them.
Maybe we can get together to ride this coming Summer of 2015. I live on a small-medium size lake.

um the inside is gross I think you should find out if your buddy aligned the motor when it went in if not take it back out. the inside of that baby needs to match the effort on the out side the old painted oil lines have to go and wile your doing that replace the rest of the hoses and hard ware scrub and do some paint magic on the motor and pipe. this is all just my opinion.

Do not worry guys the inside will be just as pretty as the outside.

I have no doubt in what you just posted.
I called Bill also and told him to trust you as we have all seen your work.
Wish I could come and meet up with you, but your hours at the shop is about the same as my sleep habit :)

I'd have to say I'd let JSG work on any of my doo's. His detail work is top notch

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

3.png

Well we took this project on. Bill dropped it off today. His pictures do not do his paint job justice.

So first thing we did was pull the motor.

188.jpg

When we were going over it we noticed that whoever put this togethor used a sealant on all the gasket areas. So we are going to pull it apart and clean it all up and reassemble it.

189.jpg

How would you like your water passages to look like this
190.jpg

191.jpg

192.jpg

193.jpg

194.jpg

Pull the head

195.jpg

196.jpg

197.jpg

198.jpg