Please help I need advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatboyfrank

Hello guys, I'm new here and just got a seadoo sportster LE 2004 model. It's in perfect shape and needs nothing but I would like to know if there are any performance mods I can do to it...? Exhaust? Impeller? Anything? I looked at www.atlanticjetsports.com and didn't see anything there. Is this a bad model to try and mod? Sorry for all the questions. Any help would be great. Oh yeah I paid 4000.00 for boat and trailer is that a fair price? Thanks guys!

Really....?????? No answers!!!!!!!!

Nope... doesn't look like.

OK... if it's in good shape, yes, you got a great price.

As far as "Performance" moding a boat... no one does it, and that's probably why you didn't get any responses. The only mod people do, is to change the impeller.

Boats... unlike a ski... people are more interested in fuel economy, and reliability, than getting an extra 2 or 3 mph on top.

Yeah what he said. That is a great price if it is in good shape!! Most people want their boat to be reliable, so they dont mod it. Also, to do much you need to spend a lot, it is cheaper to buy more HP to begin with. I would just enjoy your bargain.

Ok thank you guys! First time out today and WOW!!!!!! These lil boats really haul a$$ !!!!! I was amazed, couldn't belive how fast it was and I had 4 people altogether on the boat. The only problem was my speedo was only goin to 20 mph or so then maybe not at all. Any ideas what's wrong? I'm not even sure where it's located? Also the little ball valve next to the drive is leaking water in when I first dunk the boat in.. Atleast that's where it looks like it's com in from. The boat is in mint shape ,could use a good polishing and a wax but otherwise it's great. I do want to get a bimini top for it, do they just bolt to the hull ? I don't see any place where it would mount. Thanks for helping the NEW guy here!! Love my new boat and am extremely happy with it!!

Yeah these boats haul. Lots of fun. The speedo may have a broken paddle wheel or an issue with the sensor. It is at the rear bottom of the boat on the ride plate. Little plastic wheel that spins. You can search here on how to test it.

The water coming in the hull is from that ball valve. Called a scupper valve. Lets water out of the boat, not suppose to let water in. It is probably worn out or gunked up. Make sure nothing is stuck in it.

The bimini just mounts directly to the fiberglass. Drill pilot holes then screws to hold the mounts down. Universal ones off ebay are the cheapest route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back