P1202 Error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicbies

After riding for a few minutes the red led on my 2003 seadoo 4 tec starts flashing and i get the p1202 code. I tested the resistance of the tops valve and its showing 2 ohms which should be good.Also the tops solenoid makes a click sound and i assume its working well. After a few mins i get the p1202 error message and the ski goes in limp mode.
I ve made some research and know that it might be the
1:oil pressure switch (ops) ,
2:oil seperatore pressure sensor ( osps) ,
3:defective tops soleniod valve, or
4: wiring harness communication issues
What would be the first things recommended to change check??
Any help greatly appreciated

It is likely the pressure switch. These fail somewhat often and have been updated by BRP. The updated part fails considerably less. TOPS also fails but less than the original style oil pressure switch.

Thanks for your input very appreciated...Will order the pressure switches and start by changing them... shall i change them both or any one in particular i should change first?

In MOST cases it seems the front one fails first for some reason. If it were me, I'd. It both and swap out the front and see if that solves it. If so, throw the other in the glove box until you need it. (There are two oil pressure sensors, front and rear). Sadly, they are tied to/through the TOPS so you may have to replace it to ID the OPS does not solve the issue. Kind of a gamble thing,,,

Aha ok. So the oil pressure sensors , front and rear and the same sensor? ie i need to get two identical sensors?

I believe that is correct. Almost certain they are the same part number. I believe the original style allow oil to seep through the sensor to the point where they short the electronics.

Aha ok. So the oil pressure sensors , front and rear and the same sensor? ie i need to get two identical sensors?

These oil sensors are 2 different parts and have obviously 2 different part numbers. The front one is easy to replace. The back one is a PITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back