P0339

Garyg99

2008 rxt 215 has code p0339 and will not start. This is after installing new ring gear bc previous owner grenaded supercharger and stripped teeth off of it. Cleaned up all the metal in the engine as best I could and put it back together. (Ski started right up b4 replacing the ring gear but made awful noise with no codes). Once I put it back together now will turn over but not starting. It’s getting fuel spark plugs (new) and firing. But get code for the crank position sensor. Double checked timing it’s good, check sensor with ohm meter reading 920 understand that’s a little off but my other ski runs fine so checked it and it’s ohms read as 905. Is that 15 enough for it to completely crap out or is there something else that could cause that code. Would pulling the sensor and cleaning it even help? (Which is what I plan on doing here while I wait for reply to this) lol. Also manual says something about checking CAPS I think? So will be doing that next. Thanks in advance

Cleaned up all the metal in the engine as best I could and put it back together
Did you pull the engine and clean both oil pumps as well as the sump and replace flywheel? Are you sure you have the timing correct set by the timing chain?

Top dead center on #3 piston and both lines on cam are dead even with top of head. Cleaned both oil pumps there was some scratches on oil pump from the metal so I know I’m going to have to change them soon just wanted to make sure it ran b4 I dumped more money in it this year. Didn’t do the sump (as far as I know) guess need to check the location on that in shop manual. If I get a chance will be pulling motor again tonight and double checking everything so guess I can check sump then.

Did you lock the crank with the tool? And the camshaft? Should be top dead center on #1 cylinder. Are you sure you used the correct flywheel? Did the crank and balance shaft marks align? Cam gear alignment marks are never perfectly aligned with the top of the head.

I bought the tools to lock them and did used them but realized I wasn’t going to need to remove the timing chain to swap out flywheel so that should have all been good “should” and I did check TDC when I got it back in the ski just in case but now the flywheel wheel having correct amount of teeth maybe a different story I was told that it was for my model ski but I’ll have to check it myself when I pull the engine when I get back home from work on Saturday. Thanks bc that might be it god knows you never get sent the wrong part from these places. I did lay them side by side but never counted the teeth.where can I look to find out how many teeth should be on it?

Did you lock the crank with the tool? And the camshaft? Should be top dead center on #1 cylinder. Are you sure you used the correct flywheel? Did the crank and balance shaft marks align? Cam gear alignment marks are never perfectly aligned with the top of the head.
The shop manual says TDC on cylinder #3 for timing. Or am I missing something

Yes, but cyl 3 is at the front of the ski which nobody seems to understand even though it's marked on the valve cover.

There are alignment marks on their gears and when they line up the engine is at TDC which is the only spot where the crank locking tool with go into the proper hole. It's in the manual.

Back