Ouch! My Shaft! I need a 271000965 Impeller shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabrToothSqrl

Well, apparently you should listen when your wife tells you her ski is making a funny sound... but I was too excited to get out at Elk Neck State Park to have any of it.

Also, apparently, if all the oil leaks out of your jet pump and gets replaced with... water... you're gonna have a bad time.

Anyway, got home, pulled the cone... thought I struck gold as out poured water with so much glitter! the thrust bearing was melted / in 200 pieces.

removing the impeller BROKE my 5" VISE! BROKE. Vise. yea, I'll get a pic. the shaft was stuck in the pump so much that removing it, removed one of the bearings. all bearings, seals, shafts, cone, everything... TOAST. all gone.

only thing I could salvage was the prop.. a stock 951 prop, when I have at least 3 of them, and 2 Solas Concord's laying around lol.

Anyway, I'm one impeller shaft short of a working jet pump from my spare parts 2000 collection...

they are about $65 new, anyone want to part with a good used one for less or should I just get a new one?

MinnieTonka?

I also want a NEW o-ring in the back on the cone too. Maybe me reusing them for years and years has taken it's toll... not worth a jet pump to save a $2.00 ring.

because of my awesome OCD like needs, i then also checked my other 3 jet pumps... which all look good.

ohh, and Elk Neck is AWESOME. deferentially going back!

nice work! if you're gonna tear stuff up, do it right. unfortunately all i have is 140mm parts, but i think we need some pics of the carnage.

out of water, normal. in water, metallic scraping. engine would start, building any RPMs would stall it out! I'm guessing as the prop pulled forward, it grinded.

I don't know how the thing didn't lock up. it still spun by hand. not smooth but crunchy like lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back