Orange/Brown fluid in bottom of hull

Stal8080

Trying to identify the fluid right underneath the battery. This is from a 95 Sea-Doo XP had in storage for five years. Just had it in the shop just to have the carbs rebuilt the fluid before I dropped it off, but the shop didn’t say anything, so I’m not sure if I should be concerned.
IMG_9962.jpeg

Looks like XPS 2 stroke oil sitting on top of a little water. I would inspect your small oil lines or change them if they are original, inspect the entire oil system looking for leaks or damage. If you clean the hull up good and then put some paper towels or shop towels beneath the oil tank that can help find the leak. Or maybe there was some oil spilled while filling the oil tank, it doesn’t take much oil to look like a lot of oil when it’s floating on water

Looks like XPS 2 stroke oil sitting on top of a little water. I would inspect your small oil lines or change them if they are original, inspect the entire oil system looking for leaks or damage. If you clean the hull up good and then put some paper towels or shop towels beneath the oil tank that can help find the leak. Or maybe there was some oil spilled while filling the oil tank, it doesn’t take much oil to look like a lot of oil when it’s floating on water
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I’m in the process now of trying to get the bottom of hull clean. Can’t understand why my local shop didn’t address this.

Back