Ooops, bent the pins on my fuel injector plug :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

amp3d

Hey Guys,
New seadoo owner here, and I did something a little silly.

I was doing a compression test, and to do that I removed the fuel injector 2 prong plug first. I assume when I removed it the pin got bent.

I noticed something was strange when I couldn't get the plug back in very easily. I put a camera on it and sure enough the pin is bent.

From the looks of it, it's going to be extremely difficult to get something in there to bent it back. It was tough enough getting my inspection camera in there.

I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but I have never owned one of these before. Is it a simple process to remove the fuel injection system in order to get in where I can access the pin?
My apologies if this is a very dumb question. I'm sure I'll have many more soon enough!

Thanks!

Edit- just noticed I could losen the 13mm bolts and spin the injector to get better access to it. That should help :)
Lets hope that injector pin isnt permanently damaged!

Last edited by a moderator:
Compression test does not require you to remove the injector wires. When performing a compression test on a DI hold the throttle wide open and crank the engine. By holding the throttle wide open it puts the ski into "flood mode" and shuts off the fuel. You must also install the plug wire on the grounding posts before cranking.
Hope this helps.

Compression test does not require you to remove the injector wires. When performing a compression test on a DI hold the throttle wide open and crank the engine. By holding the throttle wide open it puts the ski into "flood mode" and shuts off the fuel. You must also install the plug wire on the grounding posts before cranking.
Hope this helps.

I didn't know about flood mode! Thanks for this info! Good to know. Yep, ground posts work great :)

All is well! I got the pin bent back without any issues, and it's back running like normal. Thanks guys!

This is a bit off my original topic, but I didn't see the need to create another thread just for another stupid question.

So I noticed yesterday my GTX has a vent hose to some sort of "air box" just under the seat. This vent hose however, on the other side, just flops around and is not connected to anything at all. Is this normal or does the other end of the hose supposed to be clipped in place somewhere?

457.jpg
this is the vent that comes up under the seat but doesn't connect to anything going down into the back of the hull

That allows fresh air in the engine compartment. Can probably get a tie rap and secure it from flopping around, but will not hurt anything just to sit there.

Thanks for clarifying. I assumed so, but my friends xp didn't have that there so I wasn't sure if on the gtx it should go somewhere specific. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back