Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not sure about privce, but i would only use what the manuals recommend. i have heard too mnay horror stories about using non-recommended oils.

this could also only be for the newer ski's .. im not sure about the older ones.

Oils....

For the most part, the general consensus in the forum is to use the Sea-Doo synthetic blend. If you don't have a dealer near or a pocket full of money, you can purchase the Synthetic blend of Quicksilver oil at your local Wal-Mart. Make sure you read the back label because not all Quicksilver oil is compatable with the Rotax engines requirements. It is written on the back label that you can use it in the Sea-doo.
The oil requirements is that it must be a Non NMMA, Non TCW3, low ash oil. Either mineral or synthetic........
Here's the sticky part. If you don't know what's in it now, you need to try and find out from the previous owner, or you'll have to remove all the oil from the engine (rotary chamber) before filling. You can not mix synthetic or mineral together.
I hope this answers your question.

now i am confused.. i thought it was the consensus that the synthetic blend was bad for the clutch plate washers 9or something liek that) and that the mineral oil was the best way to go.....

4-tec...

Jon, you are talking about the oil requirements for the 4-TEC engine......he's talking about the GSX RFI.......big difference betweent the 4 and 2 stroke engines.........but I can see the ease in confusion.
4 stroke, mineral in the 4-TEC supers.....synthetic in the 4-TEC naturally aspirated and either or in the 2-cycles....but it seems most members are using the synthetic.......:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back