oil ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicefighter80

i just bought a 1996 sea-doo xp and i nocited that it has been changed to pre-mix oil. I was wondering what is the oil-to-fuel ratio for this sea-doo is.

Welcome to the forum ....

Welcome and glad to have you here. First, is your oil injection tank still in? That tank must remain in the ski. Even going premix, it supplies oil to the rotary chamber....
The premix ratio is 40 or 50:1....but you must make sure you use the right type oil. It must be a non-NMMA, non-TCW-3, low ash oil. Any other oil will blow your motor...........
Thanks for the question........
Oh, you can buy it at Wal-Mart....I buy it by the gallon. Buy the quicksilver blend and make sure on the back, it states it meets OEM Sea-doo PWC requirements.

I just finished my first gallon...

...glad to hear something local will work! I hate having to drive over an hour out of my way to buy Sea-Doo brand from the dealer.

yes the oil supply tank is still in the jet ski.
do i have to keep oil in this tank?
when i looked inside of the jet ski i saw that the oil line was plugged with a screw.

Welcome to the seadoo forum nicefighter80. The large oil line needs to be in tact. If you follow the line from the tank you'll notice it runs down to a fitting in the center of the engine under the carbs. This fitting is connected to the rotary chambers that need this oil to lube the chamber. If the line is plugged you need to reattach it so it does it's job. If not the engine will self district and cost a lot of money to repair.

Karl

Plugged....

Lets just hope they plugged it with oil in the chamber, if they did, you will be o.k. for a short period. But with the plug, if the level begins to drop, it will put a vacuum on the line and you'll not know what the level in it is. Like Karl says, reconnect the oil system to the rotary chamber....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back