Ohio, will lakes ever warm up?

Mickirig1

Lake Erie temp was 42 the last time I checked. My family is chomping at the bit to take the ski's out! I expected to find wet suits on the table when I came home from work tonight! Will Kevin be the first to comment?

Probably. LOL

I do not miss the forever cold temps. I assumed the lake would be warmer by now. As much as it is fun to tease, I'm from the been there done that. Best thing I ever did was move to FL. I think I've ridden five times in the last two months.

Hope it warms up quickly for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a ride down to Columbus..... Water was at 70 degrees last week at Alum Creek state park. Was out yesterday afternoon and was down to 68.

When we rode on the Kissemee last weekend the surface temp was 82.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am headed there for the next 6 days myself...

But no plans to go riding on the lake this time... LOL

Going to be int he 40's at night and 60's in the day most of this week in Cleveland. Doubt it will get much warmer this week.

I mentioned to the wife we should go south for warmer water. She did not realize how many lakes are in Ohio. Anybody got a good one they like?

We went to West Branch in Portage County Sunday. Great day! Too bad my launch crew forgot to screw in the drain plugs! My Daughter got pulled over by the WP. That's Water Police she says. Too close to a tube being towed. Guess she didn't know 150 feet separations.

We went to West Branch in Portage County Sunday. Great day! Too bad my launch crew forgot to screw in the drain plugs! My Daughter got pulled over by the WP. That's Water Police she says. Too close to a tube being towed. Guess she didn't know 150 feet separations.

How long did it take you to figure out the plugs were not screwed in?

I arrived at the beach as they were riding low up to the beach. My daughter said they would not come up on plane and are sluggish. DUH when your stern is under water, could be a problem? I was truck operator, not to blame.

Guess I should pull the skis of the rack in the shop. Maybe even get the boat out of the barn. Yes, you all read that right my chit is still tucked away.

I arrived at the beach as they were riding low up to the beach. My daughter said they would not come up on plane and are sluggish. DUH when your stern is under water, could be a problem? I was truck operator, not to blame.

Yes, that extra 200 pounds are sitting in the rear hull could be a problem when it comes to getting on plane...

Back