No start

poetbruce

Hello and good day all, Put my battery in my 97 challenger 2 weeks ago. Started right up. Put my 2nd battery in today and crank but no start. Took out plugs and had milky stuff coming out. Crank and crank off an on to get rid of it but still coming out, no start. Should I just keep cranking to see if it will all come out?

milky oil is symptomatic of water in there.....yes, i would keep cranking until all the milky oil gets out. put a rag over the plug holes to contain the mess if you can. they will try to keep blowing off. hopefully the water is only there because you improperly tried to cool the engine with a garden hose out of water? the oil could be your crank seals are starting to go. If you clear everything out, clean the spark plugs and put a little mixed fuel directly in to the spark plug holes before reinstating the plugs and run it. If you run the boat out of water turn on the hose after the engine starts and turn the water off right before killing the engine otherwise the water could get into the engine. If you continue to get oil in the cylinders your future is an engine rebuild. you can delay this by installing a shut off valve to the bottom end oil supply line and shut it off when you are not using the boat and make sure you turn it back on before running the boat.

Thanks boat was covered for 2 week. Did not attach hose or let rain in. Engine was rebuilt about 2 yrs ago.

hopefully clearing it out and firing it up solves your issue. i would hesitate using starting fluid. pretty hard on an engine.

Finally got it started. Will put in tomorrow to see how she runs
Thanks for the advice guys. Have a safe summer

Back