Nice run down the Kissimmee River today...

Coastiejoe

Met up with five other skis which quickly turned to 4 others as one had an issue and ended up going home.

Traveled around 60 miles and had a really nice run. It is the first time I had done a river run where you can pretty much go as fast as you are able to do so. The slowest ski was around 62 mph, but we cruised at 35 to 50 for most of it. The tight turns were a good time. Saw a few alligators and lots of various birds.

Drive was a bit over two-hours from my house but well worth it.

I ran my tank down so low that all the fuel lines were gone and a faded black to grey block was displayed.

Had 5 gallons in a tank but didn't use it.

If you get the chance to done this kind of run, I recommend it.

Here in indiana, my friends and I run the rivers a lot. Its like trail riding for jet skis. Nothings more fun that taking a sharp corner with the throttle pinned. We mostly ride polaris skis and they are about as fuel efficient as a dump truck so 40-45 miles round trip is about the best we get. And you're right its an absolute blast.

I just topped off my tank for the first time since that ride, used 10.1 gallons myself, still had 5.9 left.
Was curious how much fuel the doo's and yami's used... I guess that answers the question.

Rode the peace river today (SW Florida) dam usgs website told us levels were at 4.5 feet (high) but the reality was that it was 2.0 (low) got stuck in the mud and it almost got real ugly with both ski's having clogged intakes, fortunately we were able to push through about 50 yards of mud to clear water and were able to ride again. (for a few minutes we were wondering just how the hell we were going to get the hell out of that dam mud, it was 3' deep, you sank to your waist with no solid footing, quite disgusting)

circling back to the Kissimmee, IMO its some of the best twisties available: #2 behind the St Johns, and slightly ahead of the upper peace river north of brownsville. There are some other fresh water rivers that I have yet to explore but I hope to check some of the out over the summer, most of them are 4+ hours from my home so it will likely include an overnight stay.

I have done that same stretch at near WOT, 60 on the straights and 50ish into the turns, it gets a little hairy when running that course at speed, but dam fun !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back