Newbie with an question about oil....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarich42

First off I need to make sure I'm in the correct forum - I just bought a 1996 Seadoo GTX and I think I'm in the right place? If I am in the right forum here's my question - I need to know for sure what oil(s) I can use in this ski? I know I need a LOW ASH oil but I having a hard time making sure I find the correct oil. I don't want ashless and I'm assuming that if they don't say ashless on the bottle then they're low ash? I even called the local powersports shop and they told me I needed a specific oil from Bombardier???? I have been able to find a PWC oil from Quicksilver formulated to be used in engines specifying API-TC oils. Is this a good choice? Another local shop said that they carry the Seadoo brand oils but didn't know about ashless and low ash???? should I use the Seadoon brand oil? AM I CORRECT IN THAT I DO NOT WANT OILS MADE FOR TC-W3 USE?

thanks in advance for all the help.

Quicksilver makes an oil just for pwc, they have pwc oil then pwc synt oil, its much cheaper then the bomb oil is. You can also purchase it at walmart!

Make sure the quicksilver oil you are looking at says "PWC" in large print on the front of the bottle label!

Do not use 4-stroke or outboard oil in the ski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back