Newbie seeking Advice : Which seadoo is right for me ?

seadoopr

Which seadoo is right for me ?

Hello Seadoo family,

I'm a newbie with no prior experience what so ever. I've road on a jetski before but that's it. I went down to a local dealer who sells Seadoos and this is what they have to offer :

1. XP 800 1999 2 seater
2. GTI 720 1998 3 seater
3. GTX 951 2001 3 seater
4. GS 1995 2 seater

I'm seeking an honest advise as to which of the above or other models would best benefit me as to maintenace and over all performance etc. etc.

I'm 41 and I just want to cruise with my wife on the weekends without any headaches.

I will be riding my future jetski in salt water.

Riding jetski's in lakes are forbidden in PR.

I would also like to do some jetski fishing in the near future.

Honest advise welcomed !

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the ski that would best fit your need would be the GTX. Its a 3 seater, its got the 951 in it, its stable and is a over all nice ski. What I dont know is if it's a DI motor or not, if so I would stay away from any DI or RFI motors. They are great on gas but when something goes wrong there a pain to fix.:cheers:

I think that the ski that would best fit your need would be the GTX. Its a 3 seater, its got the 951 in it, its stable and is a over all nice ski. What I dont know is if it's a DI motor or not, if so I would stay away from any DI or RFI motors. They are great on gas but when something goes wrong there a pain to fix.:cheers:

Thanks for your advice b15philly !

I called the Used Seadoo Dealer and asked him if the motor is DI and he said,
"it is a DI"

What does "DI" mean and how does it differ from the other motors without
DI ?

Thanks again for taking your time in responding to my questions.

:cheers:

Thanks for your advice b15philly !

I called the Used Seadoo Dealer and asked him if the motor is DI and he said,
"it is a DI"

What does "DI" mean and how does it differ from the other motors without
DI ?

Thanks again for taking your time in responding to my questions.

DI in this case is just like the DI in cars, if you're familiar with that at all. It is a fuel injection system instead of the carburetor on older motors like the 1998 you mention.

Basically, the gas is pressurised, and injected directly into the combustion chambers of the cylinder.

You can read this for a deeper understanding if you'd like.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_direct_injection

And to answer your other question posed in the first post, 3 seaters are infintely more stable and can take the waves better than a two seater, especially if you plan on fishing off of it on occasion.

DI in this case is just like the DI in cars, if you're familiar with that at all. It is a fuel injection system instead of the carburetor on older motors like the 1998 you mention.

Basically, the gas is pressurised, and injected directly into the combustion chambers of the cylinder.

You can read this for a deeper understanding if you'd like.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_direct_injection

And to answer your other question posed in the first post, 3 seaters are infintely more stable and can take the waves better than a two seater, especially if you plan on fishing off of it on occasion.

Thank You for the information and advise Carguy89

Back