New Wake Tower = Custom Cover...

Status
Not open for further replies.

parrothd

Had a local shop adjust my cover to fit the new tower, did some repairs and added new straps and extra material. Works great on the highway.. :)

Even added some extra padding so I can rest/collapse the tower onto the cover.

Costs the changes almost as much as the cover, $280...

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 71
Thats a lot of money to sink into a cover. Looks like a lot of work too with all those straps. but as long as it works, I'd say thumbs up. :cheers:

Probably, but having too remove the cushions and anything else from the boat that will fly out made sense for me. Now I can hitch it up and go without all the packing/unpacking.. :)

The old cover was useless..

Attachments

• old-cover.jpg
    old-cover.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 24
I have the same boat.... What cusions would fly out or anything else???. Even my front bow ones have a rope tied to it so that it wont fly away????

Guessing you don't tow it much.. :)

My front cushion isn't attached with a rope, and the rear platform will fly off on the highway (just saw another boat on ebay missing it from leaving it on), not to mention I just lost a cooler lid the other day..

I am still towing once a week. I was towing 2-3 times a week 10-30min each way. Average 50mph. Also did a few 90 min tows each way. average 60mph.

the only thing that happen with me was I forgot to shut the back engine compartment all the way and it opened up 100 yards down my road and a life jacket flew out.

Maybe I need to start covering for tow's

If it works for you don't worry about it, sounds like you keep the speeds low which really helps, I'm usually pushing 75-80+..

I've also had the rear hatch open unexpectedly several times, which is why I'm going to try using the cover from now on...

I have read many stories on here of people losing cushions on the highway. That reason alone is why I bought a cover. The $300 investment is cheaper than replacing a single cushion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back