New user with questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanpan25

Hello:

I am a new user to the web site. I was interested in some insight and info-

I have a 1996 seadoo challenger with the 110 hp motor in it. I bought it last fall, for a great price (or so I believe). I have had the seats redone and am very pleased with the way they turned out. I was under the impression the motor was sound but found one of the oil lines to the rotary valve spray nozzle pinched and the other was new with no oil in it. I pulled the motor and determined it needed pistons, rings and top end "love". I am considering abandoning the oil injection system and mixing instead. I read the thread describing the continuation of the oil tank to lubricate the rotory valve, and gear.

The questions I have are:

Do I need to continue using that darn expensive seadoo oil to mix?

Do I need to use the darn expensive oil in the tank to continue lubricating the rotory valve?

Should i spring for the $173 injection pump and stay with oil injection?

I do gas it myself, with cans of gas from the road (cheap gas on land instead of on the water) so mixing not a problem.

I am sure more than one person has crossed this bridge and can give me some insight to the advantages and dis advantages.

Thanks in advance for the advice looking forward to the replies.

Give it the TLC...

Maybe you're doing a bit of work now on it but when your finished, you'll find that the knowledge gained in this will benefit you for the rest of the time you own her. The 787 Rotax is a nice machine. Very reliable when you got it tuned in right.
You'll need to continue the tank, but you'll be glad to hear, that you shouldn't have to put oil in it, but half way. It only uses it for lubrication. So, you'll never have to fill it up again.
You do not have to use the Bombardier blend of oil. I have posted and use the Wal-Mart stocked "Quick Silver" oil, put out for the Honda PWC's......Since Quick Silver makes different blends, make sure you choose the right one. Read the back, it will say whether it's recommended for Sea-Doo's.........but the oil is a non-NMMA, non-TC, low ash oil. Those are the only requirments.
Not using the oil injection and going pre-mix, will give you piece of mind. But pre-mixing will use quite a bit more oil than injection. So, it's entirely up to you. I can't believe they want over $100 bucks for that injection pump!:ack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back