New to jet skis

Just got a couple of Seadoos. A 93 SPI and a 97 GTX. Redoing the carbs on both, replacing fuel lines and filters, rebuilding the fuel shutoff/res assembly. Replacing the oil and fuel also. Both skis ran in the water, but have rpm issues. So I am cruising the forums for info!

Thanks!

Just got a couple of Seadoos. A 93 SPI and a 97 GTX. Redoing the carbs on both, replacing fuel lines and filters, rebuilding the fuel shutoff/res assembly. Replacing the oil and fuel also. Both skis ran in the water, but have rpm issues. So I am cruising the forums for info!

Thanks!
Not sure what engines are in those without looking but assuming they are not rave valve engines I would check the voltage regulator re tidier by putting a volt meter on the battery while running, the voltage should roughly be at 13.6 or so at 4500 rpm, if much different change the rectifier with good used one. If a rave engine, inspect the rave bellies and o rings. Have you rebuilt the carbs yet? Make sure to buy genuine Mikuni, most would recommend back to OEM from OSD Marine including myself.

Back