New to Jet Skis-bought 95 gtx not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodenbote

I just bought a 95 gtx, not running, has been sitting for a while.

Was told by seller that engine had good compression but wasn't firing.

I downloaded operator & shop manuals available on this site but they make no mention of gtx or 95 year model.

Are 95 & 96 identical? Is gtx similar to one of the other models that are listed?

Number on rear deck is 5863.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sorry...!

Sorry for the inconveince on the shop manual. No, you can't use the 96 manual for the GTX, they went with a bigger engine that year. But the 1996 Explorer has the same 657 cc that you have. So for the moment, you can use the Explorer shop manual for engine issues and the 96 model shop manual for hull issues. I say hull, which includes pump, etc.....the electrical layout will be different. If you have an electrical issue, the basics on the Explorer should be the same..........
Again, sorry for the inconveince. I will do a bit more research in trying to line you up with anything you may need to continue your work.
Oh, and if your working on something and get stuck, your welcome to PM or post and myself, and Administrator, or another premium forum member will be able to do one on one with you to solve your problem. Just because there isn't an exact match on your Doo, doesn't mean this site doesn't have the qualified experience to get you fixed up!...........
Welcome to the forum,
Louis

manual 96 and older.

hi. i have all old doos. i bought a clymer manual 88 to 96 seadoos. 95 xp is included. pretty good with wiring diagrams etc. i think i got it at west marine or boaters world or one of the other chain boat places. i am sure if you googled clymer manuals you would find them. good luck. any specific questions i could look up.

I agree with seadoosnipe. We have enough members here with lots of knowledge and own the same seadoo as yours. I'm sure we can help you solve your problem. The goal of this seadoo forum is to be helpful in getting members back on the water, and up and running.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back