New Sea-Doo bunk spacing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinnow1

We are about to buy (2) new 2013 Sea-doo's. I have completely restored a double PWC trailer but the bunks are a fresh install and I am not sure how far apart I need to space the two bunks for each PWC? I want to make sure I have this setup correctly before heading out to get them. The old bunks looked to be set roughly 24 inches from each other but that was for the much older ski's. Can anyone help on this? also do you think the marina where I am buying them would set my bunks for me? Never bought new PWC's before.

Not sure what the marina would do. It probably wouldn't hurt to get the measurements of the Doos and pan it out from that.

First.... I would make a post in the 4-stroke PWC section. I'm sure someone will respond quicker there.

Second... not all trailers are the same, and even if you get a measurement... there is a chance that you will re-adjust things after the first couple rides.

Third.... Never trust the dealer/Marina. (do it yourself)

Forth.... Congrats on the new toys.

I called the dealer today and he went outside and measured the one on a trailer sitting out front. said inside board to inside board was 30 inches. Seemed like quite a spread seeing as how the doo is only 48 inches across total.

Anyone know what one should be for a 96 XP? Mine sits crooked on my trailer and have been needing to do this as well but didn't want to until I knew for sure

The spacing from bunk to bunk is important but you also need to remember that the hull has a "V" to it. A 30" spacing from bunk to bunk might be good if the bunk sits vertical (the 4" dimension of a 2x4 is vertical). If the 2" dimension is vertical you may not have enough clearance and the hull could scrap the trailer cross member. Other items to consider in regards to the trailer cross members. Are they flat, ski would sit some what high on the trailer. Does the cross member have a form or bend in it to allow the ski to sit lower on the trailer. I've had trailer with these different configuration and it makes a difference on the bunk spacing.

Anyone know what one should be for a 96 XP? Mine sits crooked on my trailer and have been needing to do this as well but didn't want to until I knew for sure

Give me a few min... and I'll go measure mine.

*****EDIT*****

my bunks are 14"~15" on the inside edges.

Last edited by a moderator:
The spacing from bunk to bunk is important but you also need to remember that the hull has a "V" to it. A 30" spacing from bunk to bunk might be good if the bunk sits vertical (the 4" dimension of a 2x4 is vertical). If the 2" dimension is vertical you may not have enough clearance and the hull could scrap the trailer cross member. Other items to consider in regards to the trailer cross members. Are they flat, ski would sit some what high on the trailer. Does the cross member have a form or bend in it to allow the ski to sit lower on the trailer. I've had trailer with these different configuration and it makes a difference on the bunk spacing.
My cross member is flat and not contoured. I will have to ask the dealer or perhaps even go look and see if those bunks are vertical on the 4" side. I believe they are with a slight angle tilt on both bunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back