New owner old ski 95 SP

ripdmtn

Hey there, so my kids are sick of cruising on our pontoon so we bought a 95 SP from a friend. I have a few questions.
1. The ski ran great at first but now, the alarm comes on at random. The oil is full, gas also, it's not overheating and the two pee holes in the back are working fine. I was told that the float for the sensor in the oil tank is possibly sticking, what do you think?
2. Sometimes when cruising the ski will just die like it's starving for fuel. I read on an older thread that this could be from the valve that lets air into the gas tank as it's pumped out not venting, am I on the right track?
3. My son went to ride this morning and the ski started and stalled out and he tried repeatedly to get it running to no avail. It's never had any issue starting before, usually fires immediately. He said it was running great when he put it up yesterday. I tried to fire it when I got home and no luck, it came close a couple of times but just wouldn't fire. Could he have fouled the plugs?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. This is my first rotax engine so I'm pretty green but somewhat proficient with 2 stroke motors. Never dealt with oil injection either. Thanks in advance!

HI, first off...you are in the wrong forum....a '95 SP is a 2 stroke....you posted in the "SPARK" forum.

1) if the alarm is sounding.....chances are the temp sensor is seeing high temp.....DON'T assume that since you see the ski peeing water that the cylinder head is not short circuited in the cooling path.....a water path can be blocked with sand, shells, vegetation and the water can enter and immediately leave the head but not cool the head thus making you think that all is well.
2) When was the last time the ski had any carb service???? The ski is 25 years old....probably time for a complete fuel system rebuild.....are all the fuel lines GREY? Bad news....if they are.....green goo is probably plugging up the carb(s). To diagnose/eliminate a fuel pressure issue, if you can get the ski started, try running without the gas cap on and seeing if that makes a difference.....no wave jumping please.
3)Fouled plugs....sure, could be.....more probably carb(s) need attention.

Oil injection on Seadoos is pretty robust.....I'd change the 3/32" tygon oil lines if they are still original (stock). If they have factory paint on them, they are original stock.

Apologize for posting in the wrong forum. It started right up this morning so that was a relief. I will check all the lines today. I had previously checked for overheating by putting my hand on the head and it's cool enough to touch but I'll probably change everything out to be safe. Thanks for the reply. I'll direct any further questions to the proper forum.

Apologize for posting in the wrong forum. It started right up this morning so that was a relief. I will check all the lines today. I had previously checked for overheating by putting my hand on the head and it's cool enough to touch but I'll probably change everything out to be safe. Thanks for the reply. I'll direct any further questions to the proper forum.
No apologies necessary.....posting in the right forum will probably get more responses.

I own a 2 stroke, 4 stroke and a Spark so I read all forums. COVID bored! ;)

After checking it out it does need new fuel lines, still has the grey ones so I'm sure there's some goop about. I cleaned the vent tube from the tank and it ran great all day. Seems to have solved my alarm problem somehow. Still going to rebuild the carbs when I replace the fuel lines. Thanks again.

Back