New owner looking to get advice on installing ski mode on 2013 RXT-X aS 260

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliverno

I am looking to install the ski mode on RXT-X aS 260.
I have seen a few part numbers recommended on the forum, but need clarification as to what it comes with.

Is this the same as cruise mode? (If i am driving and just push button to hold speed while cruising long distance say at 45mph...)

Also, my silver metal housing next to grip does not have a hole for cruise button...is there a module kit that comes with an new metal housing with a hole for button or drill mine out?

Looking to cruise, also looking to tow my kids wake boarding, etc.

Thank you for the help!

I have the ski module added on my 2013 RXT-X aS 260. The ski module adds "ski mode" to the menu on the display, in ski mode you can select ramp speed and target speed. There is no added button with the ski module. I believe the module that does cruise and ski together comes with a new silver housing for the cruise button but I'm not 100% sure. I use Eco mode for cruising, it keeps speed around 40 mph

Thank you! Which Part number?!

I have the ski module added on my 2013 RXT-X aS 260. The ski module adds "ski mode" to the menu on the display, in ski mode you can select ramp speed and target speed. There is no added button with the ski module. I believe the module that does cruise and ski together comes with a new silver housing for the cruise button but I'm not 100% sure. I use Eco mode for cruising, it keeps speed around 40 mph

Thank you for the info, sounds like what i am looking for!
What part number do you have?
There are a couple of options and I am not sure which to get.
I assume you have to be stopped to set up the target speed? not something you can set up on the fly?
Thank you!

The part number is 295 100 432. Ya, you have to be stopped to enter ski mode. I have not used it much since my wife normally drives that ski. When I first installed it, it seemed to over shoot the target speed but I'm hoping it was just because I did not have the load of a skier at the time of testing. I'll have to see if it works better next season with a actual skier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back