Status
Not open for further replies.

Murph_13

New to this site, although I've used the site for great information in the past. I just recently purchased my second Sea Doo jet boat. I have owned a 1996 Challenger for the last 6 years and just last month purchased a 2002 Sea Doo Utopia 185 Sport (the Sport was the new hull and has the Navy/Silver trim colors and larger helm/glove box, the older hull was called the Distinctive trimmed in Green/Gold, both available in 2002).

Can't wait to get the Utopia on the water. I've been keeping my eye out for a Utopia 185 over the last few years hoping to upgrade and the right boat has finally come along.

I bought the 96 Challenger to get started in boating and have had a lot of great times with that boat and learned that boating is something I plan on being involved with for some time. I've made a few modifications to the 96 Challenger which include Skat Trak impeller, Nauticus Trim Tabs (probably one of the best mods I made, illiminated porpoising and chine walking almost completely and much quicker to plane, this was a tremendous improvement in all around ride quality and I recommend them to anyone with a 15' SD jet boat), Stereo with iPod connectivity/display and a few other minor mods. Skat Trak impellers are awesome in my opinion and the 14.5/22.5 is a better all around impeller for this boat than the 17/22...I currently have a 14.5/23 (repitch by Skat Trak) in the boat and it's been awesome!

I've enjoyed my Rotax powered boat (which I'll be selling soon, don't need two boats)and now look forward to my Mercury powered boat. Seems like some people like 'em and some people not so much. I'm sure I'm going to like my Merc...at least I hope I do!

Anyway, enough rambling...love the site, a lot of great information here and a wealth of knowledge…thanks to those of you that keep this site going!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back