Seadoo Bombardier GTX we think it's a 1997 but are unsure. The ski
does't want to launch out of the water. We took it to a place for them
to look at it problem fixed. I picked the ski up came home and it would
not start,IT had a flat battery. I don't no how it is a new battery. Is
that normal I don't no? Now we have been told we need a new starter
motor and earth cable. Does this sound write could some one inform me
if yes or no. THANKYOU.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mara, I'm moving your thread to the appropriate forum. This should help you get an answer more quickly :)

Welcome!

Mara, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us. We are a happy family of Seadoo enthuisiast who help one another trouble shoot our problems. One head is better than one!.....and I edited your title so that others will notice you have a problem.
I hate to hear your problems have been compounded 2 fold after coming from a mechanics shop. Do me a favor, don't go back there till we figure out your problem. I'm a skeptic in that I don't trust mechanics very well. I've watched t.v. shows that have exposed a lot of crooks in that field, so it's hard to be trusting.
Your ski not planning out could be from a worn wearing ring. Which with the age of the Doo, I'd put 99% on it needing replaced, along with your bearings.
Your starter?......if it started before you put it in the shop, it should start now. The ski reaching plane has nothing to do with the starter or your earth (ground) wire. You said the battery was new and now it is flat (dead). Are you sure it is the battery you took in with the ski. If so, can you charge it. A small battery charger can be purchased from an automotive parts supply house. If you don't have one, you will probably want to get one for your ski for the off season. Charge your battery and connect the lanyard. If you get two short beeps, try to start it. If it starts, shut it back off because you don't have any cooling water running into the engine...but it won't hurt to start it for a minute or so.
Let me know what happens. We need to know if you hear the two audible beeps when you put the lanyard cap on, with a charged battery. We'll go from there after you respost.

Welcome to the seadoo forum Mara. To add to seadoosnipe's post, disconnect the terminals from the battery while you charge it. I would remove it from the seadoo too if you can. Let us know how you make out. We are here to help.
Karl

New Member Mara

Hi Guys,

Thankyou very much for replying to me. I have disconnected the terminals from the battery and removed it from the ski I charged the battery over night
reconnected it up again put the lanyard in got two beeps it started turned it off it didn't start again. :)

Mara

Beeps?

Mara, it sounds like your post may be going bad on you. When you put the cap on, push down on it, wiggle it around. Try putting the cap on and removing it, several times to see if you can get the two beeps. If at some point, you hear the two beeps, then it will more and likely be a post going bad on you.

You can also clean your cap and post with warm soapy water. Wipe them with a clean cloth and try again.
The two beeps heard while putting your cap on signify that your mpem (multipurpose electronic module) has recognized the cap and everything is permissive to run. You have to get the two beeps or it will never start.

Try cleaning your battery connections and your earth ground at the starter. Trace the earth wire down, you'll see where it connects to the starter. If this is loose, it will keep you from getting a good ground. If the wire is in bad shape, corroded or any visible damage, it will need to be repaired or replaced.

I agree with seadoosnipe. Also don't use any lube or anything but soapy water on the lanyard and cap as it will also cause a connection problem. Let us know how it works out for you. Give us a shout if you still need help.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back